Discover our historic Hotel in Greymouth centre
For easy access to the wild landscapes and stunning scenery of New Zealand’s unspoilt west coast, look no further than the historic Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth.
Set in the town centre, this 3-Star Plus Qualmark-rated hotel in Greymouth is ideal for holidays with your loved ones. Right where you need them are all the comforts and amenities you’d expect in an international hotel, along with our and Albion Bar, where guests have been swapping stories since 1906.
Settle into a slower pace of life and explore the South Island from the Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth. Please note that there is a 2.0% transaction fee when you pay with a credit card or a Visa/MasterCard debit card at this hotel. There is no charge for payments made with EFTPOS or cash.
Get our Best Price Guarantee at this hotel when you book here. Earn and spend loyalty points on all qualifying stays. The level of points, benefits and privileges are subject to availability and may vary at certain participating hotels.
Please be advised, that for the next few months, there may be limited facilities available at this property. The hotel bar and restaurant are closed until further notice. Room service breakfast is available for in house guests.
A Vaccine Certificate is required to stay or visit this hotel from Dec 3rd 2021, Click here for more information.
1. Does Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth have in-house restaurants?
Yes, we do - Jimmy Cook's Kiwi Kitchen but is currently closed until further notice.
2. Does Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth have a Bar?
Yes we do - The historic Albion Bar but is currently closed until further notice.
3. What are the popular tourist attractions near Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth?
Popular tourist attractions include:
- Punakaiki limestone rock formations 40KM north of Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth
- Shantytown historic gold mining village 10KM south of Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth
- The West Coast Wilderness Cycle Trail that starts 300metres from Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth
4. How can I get to Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth?
You can get to Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth by:
- One of the world’s most scenic trains - Tranz Alpine. It has a daily service between Christchurch and Greymouth.
- By air from Christchurch landing at Hokitika Airport 40KM south of Greymouth
- By intercity coach
- By private or rental car
5. Is Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth handicap friendly?
Yes, there is flat access to all public spaces within Kingsgate Hotel Greymouth