Corporate Sales Manager
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably in a 4*+ hotel
- Working knowledge of hotelligence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Effective time management
The Millennium Hotel and Conference Centre is seeking a Corporate Sales Manager to be responsible for assisting the Sales department in significantly contribute to the sales effort of the hotel as directed, in line with overall financial business mix objectives. We are 4* deluxe hotels based in the heart of Kensington in London and one of London's largest hotel and conference complexes with over 600 bedrooms and 26 meeting rooms with a capacity for 500 delegates, ideal for hosting conferences, award ceremonies or gala dinners.
As Corporate Sales Manager Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Provide total account management to assigned corporate accounts so as to maintain and develop new business opportunities for the hotel, thereby increasing market share of existing accounts in order to achieve budgets.
- To complete implementation of and thereafter to maintain the companies Key Account Management Process.
- To achieve a minimum of 5 new commercial opportunities per month (Corporate, MICE or Groups).
- To achieve set Revenue Targets and goals for New and Existing Business as agreed and set out in the Sales Activity Plan.
- To undertake research, for example via telesales or street walks to identify new potential accounts. Identify and generate sales leads for business development from all available channels (research, competitor reader board, reoffer business, databases, direct mail, customer appointments, FAM trips).
- To identify new corporate clients from hotelligence to maximise sales potential. Undertake mapping of local area to maximise local accounts sales potential.
- Maintain client records by utilising the Millennium computer systems. Provide weekly and monthly activity reports via these systems.
- To assist in driving all Sales activity to develop new and existing accounts at hotel level and on a National basis with the agreed expense budget.
- Closely monitor accounts’ revenue and business production. Analyse productivity figures for all selected accounts.
- Maintains a high level of exposure for the hotel in major segments through direct sales, telephone, fax and written communications.
- To capture a greater market share and increase revenues through local initiatives in conjunction with sales resources.
- Maximizes upselling opportunities whenever possible.
- To agree with the DoSM on the annual personal business objectives and to set monthly objectives for accounts to be reviewed monthly (LNR and KNRs)
- To participate in team communication through weekly and monthly sales team meetings.
- To measure existing and potential business in revenue and gross operating profit in accordance with the market segmentation.
- Maintain product knowledge at all times including all relevant rate structures and promotional offers.
- Attend trade show fairs and represent the hotel at industry related events.
- Showcase both hotels and the conference centre to both existing and new clients by planning and implementing FAM trips and site inspections.
- To keep up to date with market trends, market conditions, competitor developments and customer performance and communicate this information to the DOSM.
- To project a positive hotel image in sales presentations and community activities.
- To undertake all networking activity for existing and prospect accounts where requested.
- To proactively cross-sell M&C hotels at every opportunity and support the corporate sales team.
- Assist in handling the activities of the Sales & Marketing (S&M) Department to ensure smooth running of the department, including month end report for the department.
- Establish and maintains files of major accounts. Provide accurate management reports to ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and market activities is kept up to date through the use of M&C account management system. Assist in maintaining the accounts management system.
- Prepares quotations, proposals and Letters of Agreement.
- To establish and maintain current databases for the Corporate Market Segment – agents / corporate clients direct, both within the UK and abroad.