What qualities do you look for?
We look for bright, enthusiastic people who are motivated, determined and passionate when it comes to their career and serving our guests. A willingness to learn will most certainly give you greater opportunities.
Can I choose which hotel I'll be based at?
This greatly depends on whether we have the right opportunity for you, taking into consideration your long term goals, most of the time we really try and give you your ideal location.
What opportunites are there to work abroad?
We have hotels across the globe, should your preference be to work outside the UK, these opportunities are available. Alternatively, should you join one of our UK hotels, opportunities will arise in the future to transfer overseas. All these overseas opportunities are subject to being able to gain the appropriate work permit.
I have applied perviously and I was not successful. Can I re-apply?
Of course you can, sometimes we get many applications for a particular vacancy and because of this we have to disappoint applicants. When we have to do this we always inform unsuccessful candidates that they can re-apply.
In what direction is the company going?
The company has ambitious expansion plans, this means that we have exciting opportunities for progression and promotion for successful employees in the future! We are currently looking at futher opportunities for new hotel development in the UK, Continental Europe, Northern Africa, United Arab Emirates, and the list goes on.
How is Millennium & Copthorne Hotels different to other hotel companies?
We believe M&C is different not only because of our style and service in Millennium or Copthorne hotels but also because of our people's dedication and the training and development we give them. Our General Managers are given empowerment and freedom as a natural part of our buiness culture.
Do your support training for professional qualifications?
We most certainly do! All our employees have the ability to gain further qualifications through internal training or by being sponsored by the company for external colleges.
Do your provide live in accommodation?
We do have live in accommodation at many of our hotels and this employee facility encourages individuals to move around our organisation and gain further knowledge and experience.
What opportunities are there to develop within M&C?
We value our employees, if you show initiative we'll invest the time and money that it takes to ensure that your career accelerates. All employees are given this opportunity to expand their career opportunities as long as they have the passion for our business and the determination to succeed.
09 September 2010 Notice:
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud offering fictitious job opportunities. This type of fraud is normally done through online services such as bogus websites and we have seen the creation of fraudulent domain name urls, such as www.millenniumhotelresort.com, www.millenniumhotelresorts.com
When a person clicks on to the fraudulent url, he/she is directed to a website which contains elements of the legitimate Millennium & Copthorne Hotels website and these fraudulent urls offer false employment opportunities at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels. These fraudulent urls target job seekers with promises of high salaries. We have only found out about these fraudulent urls as some jobseekers have checked with us about the employment opportunities offered by these fraudulent urls.
We have notified the ISPs of these fraudulent urls and some of them have been co operative in assisting us to remove them so they are no longer active but new fraudulent urls tend to take their place very soon.
How to identify Recruitment fraud
- The perpetrators often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The Millennium & Copthorne Hotels name and logo is often featured on the documentation without authority
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, CV, passport details, bank details etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies etc.
- E-mail correspondence is often sent from (or to) free web-based e-mail accounts such as Yahoo.com, Yahoo.co.uk, Gmail.com, Googlemail.com, Live.com etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or platform telephone numbers beginning with +44 70 instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency
What should I do?
- Save messages from the perpetrator for further investigation if necessary. Save the original subject line, complete headers and complete message body.
- We would advise you to contact the local police and provide them with all information you may have from the senders so that we may inform the ISPs of these fraudulent websites so that they may be stopped.
- Respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers of employment from people with whom you are unfamiliar
- Disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know
- Send any money. Millennium & Copthorne does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor.
- Engage in further communication if you believe the communications may be fraudulent